Thursday 7 June 2007

My Website Part 1

My Website Part 1


In 'Image-Ready' I opened up the 'pdf' file and selected the slice tool from the left hand side tool bar. This enabled me to slice numerous segments from my website, in fact, I made 13 seperate slices. Once completed, I clicked on 'file—save optimised as' which brought me to a saving screen option. I changed the file format to 'html with images' then saved the work. I used 'image ready' as it enabled me to quickly crop the whole website in one single movement instead of cropping and slicing each individual segment. This saved me a lot of time and then made me progress with the unit quicker.

I opened the html file in 'Dreamweaver' which was created using Image-Ready. It is apparent that all the slices automatically slot back into place without me having to create a layout in which they would have been placed. As a result, I did not have to fiddle trying to place them all up.

I created a new layer on top of my original website, which allowed me to place images and icons on top of my initial website design without it interfering with what was underneath. On this new layer, I clicked the sub-section, marked 'forms', and I found the button marked 'jump menu' and this enabled me to create a drop-down menu for this website. Using this jump-menu values, I could set it to an audio file so this could act as my media player on the website.

This is my 'jump-menu' with the values displayed.

I then highlighted the whole website and, using the properties, I positioned the website in the centre.

This is my website final position.


On the top tool bar, I clicked on 'modify' and it allowed me to open up the page properties (ctrl j). I then changed the title from untitled website to “RealBase.com”, which shows the viewer the name's logo on the top of the website's bar.


Additionally, I browse through the background images on this window and I found an appropriate 10 x 10 pixel block of colour which matched the colours already used in my website. Finally, all this was confirmed by clicking OK.

No comments: